Thursday, February 5, 2009

be scared

I was reminded today of a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "Do one thing every day that scares you." This has been my world this year. From submitted articles to get published, to launching new services, to going to a neighborhood today that we are adopting this semester. We went to our neibhorhood today to simply introduce ourselves. It is always intimidating to go door-to-door, but today we had the best experience. Everyone was so kind and excited that we were going to be hanging out with them. Many of them have lost their jobs in this economic crisis and were thrilled that we would take time to pray with them. It was encouraging to me.

So many times I am tempted to play it safe. I hope that I can continue to take risks and do one thing every day that scares me. Great challenge. Thanks Eleanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment